Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hole in One!

Today we went and played miniature golf for the first time with the boys. A few months ago I bought a Groupon for Putt-Putt, and today we decided to go use it. We had a wonderful time!  The boys had fun despite it being pretty warm and humid. Ian did a good job of putting the balls into the holes, while Matthew would just take his ball over and drop it in. Too cute!! I kept score just because that's what I tend to do, and for the record, Devon won. :) While I don't want to overthink it, I think the way Devon and I play miniature golf is a pretty accurate reflection of our personalities. I wanted to keep score because I tend to be competitive (and like to win), while Devon doesn't see the point in keeping score or determining a winner. I'm quick to size up the course and hit the ball (often needing to hit it a few extra times :)), while Devon took more time to determine a strategy before hitting. We often fuss with each other about speed...he would like me to slow down and do a little more planning, while I feel like he needs to speed up a bit. We balance each other out.

Anyway, I was able to take a few pictures of the little guys. All went smoothly until the last hole when the boys discovered that once their ball went down the hole, it would not be retrievable. This led Matty to stick his orange putter into the hole (searching for the ball I guess!?!) and getting it stuck. The putter was saved, the tears stopped, and the rest of the day went great.





No comments:

Post a Comment