Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Beginning of Summer

I think the first day of summer is not for another month or so, but in south Texas, summer begins early and ends late. A few weeks ago Matthew and I made an impulse purchase of a backyard sprinkler, slip-n-slide, pool combo. The boys have been wanting to open it, but it hasn't been quite warm enough until today. They love it! It's been an enjoyable afternoon of watching them shoot each other with water guns, watching them splash in the water, and listening to their infectious laughs. Perhaps most entertaining has been Devon trying to teach Ian how to run and slide. I give Devon props for putting his body on the line as I would probably injure something. Devon definitely still has slip and slide skills, while Ian is still trying to get coordinated. Cutest of all is Matthew who just runs across the "slide" and then plops down at the end. While I dread the heat and humidity of summers in the Houston area, I'm looking forward to enjoying summertime activities with my boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment